The Ranger Station and Visitor Center is a nice stop on your way into Pisgah Forest. Both the Ranger Station and the Visitor Center are operated by the US Forest Service.
The Visitor Center has a small interpretive museum about the forest.
There is a gift shop with a nice selection of books about the area. They also sell some toys, stuffed animals and T-shirts.
The Ranger Station provides maps and information about the Pisgah National Forest. They can answer any questions about the trails, hiking and biking. They can also tell you anything you need to know about fishing in Pisgah Forest.
Directions to Pisgah National Forest Ranger Station and Visitor Center from Meadowbrook Log Cabin
- Turn right onto US-25 like you are going to Hendersonville.
- Turn right on US-64 West toward Brevard.
- Just stay straight for about half an hour.
- 64 turns, but stay straight. The road becomes 276 and enters the Pisgah National Forest.
- In a couple of minutes, you will see the Pisgah National Forest Ranger Station and Visitor Center on the right.